AZ/DZ/G Class Driver and Mover
This position requires a minimum of two years’ experience in the moving industry and a clean driving record. You’ll need the ability to handle the heavy physical demands of this role, and the ability to supervise others. But if you’re a customer service-oriented person with a willingness to learn, we can provide you with training and a year-round full time career.
- Live in the Ottawa area.
- Customer service-oriented, good attitude, and good communication skills.
- Able to lead a team of movers.
- Physically fit and able to work long hours on your feet.
- Clean criminal record.
- Ability to qualify for Reliability-level federal government security clearance.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- A team player.
- Reliable, punctual, clean and in uniform.
- Double vaccinated (all employees at Boyd are double vaccinated to keep our clients as safe as possible).
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Completing driver logs and other moving-related paperwork.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the truck as well as moving equipment.
- Able to complete paperwork properly: logs, BOL, circle check, inventories, etc..
- Padding and wrapping furniture.
- Moving furniture and cartons while loading and unloading shipments.
- Disassembling and reassembling basic furniture.
Location: 1255 Humber Place Ottawa, ON K1B 3W2