Local Ottawa Movers
Congratulations! Moving to a new home will give you a whole new outlook on life. Maybe you’re gaining more room for your family, or maybe you’re becoming a part of a more exciting neighborhood.
No matter where you’re going in Ottawa or the surrounding areas, Boyd is here to make your journey an enjoyable one. We take care of the time-consuming aspects of moving, so you can focus on the more important things in life. Here’s why our customers keep recommending us to their friends and family. We give you:
- COVID-19 safety compliance. Our team uses PPE and follows safe physical distancing recommendations to keep everyone safe.
- Movers you can trust. Our team is highly trained, bonded, and has security clearance. Most of our movers have been with us for 10 or even 20 years.
- Respect for you and your home. We prevent damage to your home with floor runners and padding on bannisters, and pack your belongings with care.
- A professional process. Your consultant will guide you through the steps so you know exactly what to expect. We arrive right on time, every time, ready to go to work.
- Transparent pricing. We explain all the costs and options, and you receive an itemized invoice that clearly separates costs.
- Guarantee price estimates*. We promise that your final bill will be within 10% of the original estimate.
- Flexible packing and storage options. Choose full or partial packing and unpacking. If you need temporary or long-term storage, we have a climate-controlled warehouse waiting for you.
- Great communication. We’re fully bilingual and provide excellent customer service in either official language.
How Our Local Moving Service Works
Our local moves are priced at an hourly rate, based on how much you need to move.
The hourly rate depends on how many people we need to get your move done in one day or less. Larger collections of belongings require more people to move them efficiently.
We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, or bank draft. Sorry, due to COVID-19 safety issues, we cannot accept cash.
Professionalism and reliability define how we approach your move. Here’s how our process works:
- It all starts with a consultation. One of our planners visits your home, discusses your needs, answers your questions, and reviews what you want us to move.
- You receive an itemized estimate with a full cost breakdown.
- You give us the go-ahead to book the move.
- The day before your move, we give you a confirmation phone call. In this call, we review COVID-19 safety and answer any remaining questions you may have.
- We arrive on time on the day of your move. We haven’t missed a move in over 35 years!
- Our team protects your home with floor runners and padding.
- If you’ve asked us for packing services, we pack your belongings the right way, using wardrobe boxes, china cartons, and plastic for soft furniture and mattresses.
- Our truck carefully transports your goods to your new home.
- We lay out protective padding, and bring in your boxes and furniture.
- If you’ve asked us to unpack for you, we will also recycle your boxes.
Have questions? Check out our moving FAQ
Our Local Moving Service Area
Wondering if your move will be a local Ottawa move or a long-distance move? On the map below, anything inside the circle is a local move.
We provide local moving services to the entire Greater Ottawa Area and beyond (within about 2 hours’ drive). If you don’t see your area on the map or in the list below, we can probably still provide local moving for you. Please contact us to find out.
We move people in these Eastern Ontario and Québec communities:
Montréal’s west shore— including Lachute and Laval
Breeze Through Moving Day With Help from the Pros!
A fresh start in your new home begins with a positive moving experience. Boyd’s expert team knows how to avoid the headaches that can come with moving, and will complete your move safely and efficiently.
Say goodbye to the worry of planning your move, the exhaustion of packing, the back strain from lifting heavy boxes all day, “helpers” who don’t show up, and trying to drive an unfamiliar truck. Instead, spend your time enjoying the journey to your new home.
* That’s right! The final estimate is guaranteed to be within 10% of the original (unless, of course, additional items are added to the inventory).