Professional Packing Services
Leader of the Pack
Packing your belongings can be the most time-consuming part of a move. Why not get the experts at Boyd to take care of it for you? You’d be surprised at how fast—and how well— we can get it done.
Boyd’s moving teams are highly trained in the art of packing items efficiently and safely. In our regular team workshops, we review the best practices for packing everything from dishes and glassware to heavy items like books. We give you:
- Complete flexibility: we can pack and unpack as much as you need us to.
- The right packing solution for everything you own. We have Ottawa’s largest variety of moving boxes and packing supplies— in fact, we provide moving supplies to most of the moving companies in the Ottawa area.
- Extra protection for your fragile valuables: learn more about our custom crating services.
Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that qualified professionals are taking good care of your valuables. Give us a call at 613-244-4444 in Ottawa or 1-800-268-1469 toll-free, or contact us online to ask for a quote.
Our Professional Packing Service Options
We’re here to make your move a success, and do as much or as little work as you need. If you don’t need any packing at all, our moving team can just take care of the heavy lifting for you. The cost will depend on your type of move and how much we need to pack, but are always provided as individual line items on your initial estimate.
This is the perfect service for people with busy schedules. We take care of packing everything that you’re legally allowed to put in a moving truck. We can even disassemble items like tables, bookshelves, and beds for you.
Please note that international moves require our professional full packing service— you’d be amazed at the rough ride shipping containers see on their journey around the world.
You designate some items you want to pack yourself, and we pack the rest.
Just imagine your pots, plates, and glasses magically appearing in the cabinets in your new kitchen. Some people live with unpacked boxes for years, but you won’t have that problem. We can also take the boxes away for recycling.
As with packing, we can unpack as much or as little as you need. Some of our clients opt for our executive relocation service, where we manage decor changes and setup of electronics at your new home
How We Pack: Better Boxes for Better Protection
Aside from the training our team members get, the secret to our success lies in our use of the right kind of boxes and other moving supplies. We use specialized cartons, clean newsprint paper, bubble wrap, micro-foam sheets, and plastic wrap.
- Dishes and glassware go in china cartons, which have double strength cardboard and reinforced corners. While most people pack dishes flat, we pack them on their sides to prevent breakage.
- We use wardrobe boxes for clothing on hangers. Everything stays as neat and wrinkle-free as it is in your closet.
- We use fresh plastic mattress bags for your mattresses.
- Upholstered furniture is protected with plastic wrap. It’s a heavy-duty version of the wrap you use in your kitchen.
- For some fragile items, bubble wrap or micro-foam is the right way to go.
For COVID-19 safety, we use only new* boxes and materials for every move.
*We used to provide optional gently used supplies to customers before the pandemic.
Packing it Right to Keep You Moving